Out Of My Mind

PART 1        


I suddenly woke up in a world that seemed to be completely different. Different? I do not even know why I felt that. I lost all my memories and here I am just standing and observing my surroundings. From what my intuition says this place is not safe at all. But I will not just sit around and do nothing. And so, started the journey of a nobody in nowhere. 

At first, I didn't see much. Just a  barren land and it is red in colour. I am even surprised myself how I know what I know. That's how a new feeling bloomed inside me. HOPE. The word just came to me. The feeling was hard to describe. I feel better at the least. I felt stronger and braver. As i was enjoying the overwhelmed positivity within me, something didn't feel right.

It's as if I know something's going to happen. Something good or bad, I don't know. I woke up from my thoughts as I stumbled into a rock. I noticed something beneath it. It's a letter addressed to 'D'. It didn't have any from address nor name. Assuming there was no one and filled with what is called curiosity, I open it. 

The envelope had a few papers written all over it. I couldn't read them. From what i could, they are just some doodles all over it carrying an important information. And suddenly, I found a paper folded in half. That's when I realized that all the others were cut in half and this one isn't. I quickly open it and a paper fall into my lap. I see two people in it. 'A Photograph'. Someone whispered to me. Startled at what happened, I look around only to find nothing but red sand everywhere. It's as if my brain spoke to me. 'A Photograph'. I think to myself again. I keep it aside for a while and look into the only letter that's not cut. Amazingly, some of it made sense. I couldn't read it but I could understand it somehow. It wasn't a long letter but written all over on one side. I read it all over surprising myself at every word. I was too amazed to remember to understand and I had to read to read it all over. 

It was, as I mentioned earlier, addressed to a certain someone named 'D'. Basically, it was a 'warning letter to D'. Well whoever D is, there's a big trouble for him. The people who wrote that letter claims to have hostage of someone D cares and loves. They are threatening 'him' to bring something or else they'll kill 'her'. There was something more but I couldn't read it as it was covered with red colour. 'BLOOD' it whispered.


hello! this time its a short story i wrote the other day. I read a lot of comics and one of my favorite genres is thriller and suspense. The short stories that have an undefined ending or a plot twist you wouldn't expect. They make you fall into your thoughts and make you think about it for a long time. I experienced that feeling and wanted to try something on my own. This may not be the best story you have read but I'll try to make sure you would like it! The story is divided into parts. This is part-1. the next parts will be updated soon. See you soon! 

Comments