rainy day

 

Oct 29th, 2022

 

 Sto-rini-  18


Today I went upstairs to dry some clothes but then I noticed that there was no space left for my clothes. Clothes everywhere, on the wire, in the bucket, on the racks. Some dried, some half dried, some wet like mine. I looked around but then just gave up and sat in one of those weird broken but still usable chairs. Then a drop fell on my hand. It started sprinkling almost immediately as if it warned me to seek shelter. I ran inside the shed next to the stairs to the terrace, almost scared that it was raining acid. It could be literally possible keeping in mind the pollution and other hot sh1t around the world. (Pun intended).

 

I always hated getting in the rain. The reason? It was the weird wetness and damp clothes adhered to my skin and the breeze that sends a shiver down my spine. It’s the fog on my glasses that leave me blinded for a second, it’s the time taken for my wet hair to dry off, and it’s the risk of becoming ill.

 

But, I never actually got sick because of the rain, as long as I can remember. So I thought about it for a while and realized it was just prejudice. I never got wet in rain for it to turn into a consequence and me eventually hating it. No reason at all. Just prejudice. I wondered why. Then I decided to just go into the drops. For a few seconds, it felt revolutionary. “I’m walking in the rain!!”

 

Few things ran in my mind. I might get sick and eventually I’ll catch the viral fever that’s been around for a while and be bedridden and not be able to go to school and just die.

 

[That turned dark real quick.]

 

At that point, my mind was the only thing that was darkened because the sky looked blue and white.

Then I decided to just sit in the rain. It started raining and there was wind. But the sun was still out there and it looked so peaceful with all those clouds. It wasn’t a ‘bad rain’; it was a ‘good one’.

 

Rain drops falling on my spectacles, t shirt, legs, arms, hands and notably not face. Rain didn’t make me uncomfortable. If at all, it made me cooler, calmer, quieter in mind, happier at heart somehow.

 

The drops were tiny but not too tiny as you can feel them but not too big to dampen you. The sky was not dark at all, the clouds were fluffy white cotton candy like, the sun was still there, floating like an uninvited friend in a party, the moon was shining fleetly in the corner of my eye, the birds were trying to find shelter in the grace amount of time and the little ones were just experiencing the rain for the first time, like me.

 

 

Comments