My Dream

DESCLAMIER; before writing this, I didn’t even bother to research about any kind. Only the names of certain people and some songs. This series is called ‘trail of thoughts’ for a reason because these are my thoughts generated by my brain and not by feeding the Google info. I'm solely speaking my thoughts. Or say typing my mind onto this document.

(OR you can say I’m too lazy to browse)
 
 
Trail Of Thoughts - 11
 
I wish to write a poem that becomes quite popular that a singer picks it up and thinks to themselves, “Damn this cool, imma sing it”. And it becomes so popular and both the singer and I get popularity.
Seems familiar? Yes I’m talking about arctic monkeys’ song “I wanna be yours’ which was originally a work of John Cooper Clarke.
 
I loved the two lines in this song that go,
 
“Secrets I have held in my heart,
Are harder to hide than I thought”
 
These two lines have been playing non-stop in one of the opened tabs in my brain. I can’t seem to find the tab but the fact is that even if I did find it, I wouldn’t close it. I’m addicted.
 
Ok back to the topic;
I have always wondered how to write a song. Is it same as writing a poem? Or more difficult or easier?
 
When you look at the lyrics of some famous songs, you will notice that the lines are so less. Like some have only 10 (max) lines and have a pretty cool rhyme scheme and stuff. (For e.g., ‘cloud 9’ by beach bunny; it has very less lines but the song is so catchy and the lyrics are so cute that it got really famous)
 
So I wondered if I can write a song. Yes of course for writing a song I need to have the knowledge of any musical instruments (which I have none). But think about it, what if I can find a musician who is willing to collab with me that means I have hit a jackpot! (Connect the dots and you shall succeed in finding the treasure in some of my words) So I should focus on writing a song for now.
 
Of course there is another method; that is to learn an instrument (which I very much want to do). I have a guitar (my brother’s) and a keyboard. I wish to learn guitar because that seems cooler to me and according to Google, it is easier to learn.
 
So now the original point I was tryna make, how do I write the perfect song?
Like that of Taylor swift. Everyone goes crazy for or those kpop songs (which we're pretty much sure that are not written by them).
Some songs have really catch melody but the lyrics are trash and the vice versa also happens. To find the perfect melody for the perfect lyrics is a real skill one can acquire in the music industry.
 
I love the way I think. I have a few ideas on what kinda songs I would want to produce. Like say I want a happy melody attached to very depressing lyrics (like that of that Japanese song about su1c1de that everyone break dances to)
And one more is to sing the most beautiful love letter in a sad melody (no upbeat is what I meant). When going though the lyrics of this song, people should be shocked in knowing the meaning of the songs.
 
One more is that I want to include Telugu in my songs. Initially I was thinking it to be an English song but it felt so cool when kpop has English +Korean songs. So ill include my mother tongue in the songs to give it a homely touch. Telugu is a pure language for me. I love it. And I think some feelings/emotions/words are better expressed in my language (probably because I don’t have a high vocab in eng but still).
And another reason (not out of context) to add a language is to seem smarter. Maybe not for my family and friends but to my other friends who don’t know Telugu. I would look so freaking smart to the west especially.
 
You know I can actually sing my songs if I really want to and don’t get me wrong, I REALLY want to sing it but decided against it for the sake of my audience. You know the lyricist take on songs that sometimes go viral rather than the singer’s themselves? Maybe I’ll add that in this list as well. I mean who knows? I’ll add bits in my lang. that make no sense when I forget the lyrics (that I wrote) to seem even smarter.
Wow. My whole existence depends on validations. (I need therapy)
 
Well that’s that. My biggest dream. That one task in to-do list I have been and will be waiting to tick is this. I wish to tick it sooner and with a satisfied grin. So it takes time. Maybe.
 
But if (or when) it actually happens, you will be the second to know (first is for personal :P).
 
You are probably aware of the song a singer sang (shout out to Elizaa!!) adapting one of my poems. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not ignoring that achievement. I’m just saying what happened was a lazy contribution from my side. She was great (and still is). I didn’t write the song at that time, I just gave her a previous one because the pressure made me quit. The song came out really great but I was not satisfied from my side.
So ya this should be perfect and I REALLY want to write an original ‘song’ and not a poem and adapt it. I wanna do my job right. And I wanna do it soon.
 
That’s it for today guys. Thank you for attending my ted talk. Have a great Sunday and week ahead!!
 
Byee!
Love you,
Rini.
 

 
TDD- life’s been rough lately. The ongoing stress for my main exams is rising and is inversely proportional to the days left. It’s very high rn.
We celebrated Diwali, I bought some clothes. One of them is so freaking cute and I can’t wait to wear ittt!!
To be honest this week passed really quickly. It feels like yesterday when my father visited me for diwali and he is already gone after his weeklong vacay. I miss him.
Shucks
I also have this ioqm exam today (30-10-22) and I’m super stressed about it. I usually wouldn’t even care for these competitive exams but after talking with a really freaked out friend for not practicing, I was induced with the same frequency of heartbeat.
 
byee!
love,
me.

Comments