Her Insecurities

This one is a story. A story about a girl who met someone who was the counterpart of her. Everything changed when she asked her to be her friend, the person who she thought was so different from her, but the real question, is she really so different? 

The day we’ve first met
Is still at the back of my head    
Written with black ink
Because it was bittersweet

You were so much prettier
Probably so much smarter
So fair and skinny 
Everything I wanted to be

You got everything I ever wanted
Thought there must be a lot more
You were so much better than me
For the first time, I felt the jealousy

Few days passed by and you 
Wanted me to be your friend 
I thought it was sheer luck
To be with someone like you

I envied you
Almost every day 
I tried to 
Copy your way

I felt pathetic standing beside you
A slave beside a queen I thought
I had a few breakdowns because of you
And of course I blamed you for that

I was such a petty girl
With appearance so dull
You were the prettiest girl
With a silky hair and no curl

Your eyes were like marbles
Shining so bright
Your smile made boys flutter
With butterflies

You were the ideal lead
In this high school play
And I felt like a side chick
All I could do is obey

But you were different
You wanted to be my friend
I never understood why 
But it felt quite nice

We got closer in a few days. 
Talked to each other a lot.
We were both surprised when 
We found out that
We had so much in common,
We were almost the same.
I felt like I found myself in you
And you thought the same.

You told me you had insecurities
I was quite surprised by it
I thought the protagonist 
Doesn’t really feel it.

That’s when I realised 
I was so blinded 
By the evil jealousy 
That I didn’t look at you properly

You told me you envied me
For being so lively
She liked how I befriended
Everyone I’ve met.

She told me she wanted to be me
She tried to copy me

But I never tried telling 
Her my side of the story.
Thought it was unnecessary,
But I was just not ready.

But now I’m too late,
Hoped you would stay.
If I get a chance I would
Speak my heart with you .

~The End~

aaaa how i love this one. I've been waiting so long to publish this and here we go!!! 
well if im being honest, i'd say this is my story but no, im not saying it because im not a honest person :P

Anyways, how do you guys like it? comment what you think! 

love,
Rini.


(Hola,Soy Rini! :P Ten-day-diary, here we go! so update on the exams, its over! and they started announcing the marks as well T_T I'm quite disappointed with it actually. so yea i had a not-so-good week but dw, i'm alright ;) i ordered a few tops and they arrived!! they look so cute :D I'm excited to wear themmmm. anddddd im having my winter vacation in two days!! this week was basically cray-cray. 
who else is excited for snowdrop?? But guess what, it isn't available in India yet and I am so sad :'( I honestly got so excited for nothing. Well anyways it's gonna be available in a few days, I hope.  
btw stay tuned for my next post, its gonna be a looong one ;D
okayy bye <3)




Comments

Post a Comment