sunset rendezvous
26-9-24
I’ve always hated the sun
It was so bright
And it’s the only one
In the blue sky
I’ve always liked the moon
Cuz it was cool
And accompanied by
The stars in the sky
I hated the sun
I cant even look at it without burning my eyes
I cant even walk outside without worrying about my skin
I cant even reach it if I tried and be alive
I loved the moon
I can see tiny craters on it with my naked eye
I can love al the shapes day by day
I can lean on it for moonlight
22-7-26
But the question remains,
Till this day
What do the sun and the moon
Think of me, their human on the land
Does the sun summon the clouds when it shines too bright
Or does the moon diets to see which phase its loved the most
What do the divorced sun and moon
Think of the small human
In the tiny land of home
Child of divorce, I call myself
Spend my day half with the sun,
The other with the moon
Sun prides itself with sunshine and rainbows for me
The moon mutters while I sleep through its custody
The moon waits for winters,
Picks me up for play dates sooner,
Makes me hot cocoa
While I chill by the window
It’s the all-nighters it most looks forward to,
The late night crams it supervises too,
The late night coffee it loves me take
Don’t care if I sleep in late
But the sun isn’t lenient per se,
It rises in time to take me away
From the moon that spoils me
To a brighter day and working
The sun keeps me disciplined
With a little afternoon nap treat
It shows no mercy,
When the summers are here
The moon hates the summers
It has to work in late on the other side
Takes me home so late in time
The sun has more custody than its thief of light
The moon can never replicate suns love
The sun lets the moon take some
For the moon is but a rock
Just aligned perfectly to provide me light
But there is one thing the sun is not good at
As good as the naughty moon is
And it’s the romance that moonlight brings
No sun shine can ever replicate
The moon only ever tries to cool me down
From the sun’s fury rays that make me frown
It brings in the dark clouds, play hide and seek, peak-a-boo
And follows me as I look out the window as I move.
Its tough being a child of divorce
My parents meet every sunset
When the sky looks the most prettiest
They murmur about issues the pettiest
As the sun spreads its warmth in farewell
The moon sits in the corner in its familiar cool hues
But the sunset is my favourite time of the 24 hours,
For I can see my divorced parents together after all.
The sun and the moon.
I love you both,
To the- to the – to the (insert pink panthress meme).
~The End~
this poem came to me at 1 in the morning as i browsed through my drafts folder.
i have never seen this concept till now and wanted to experiment on it.
no gender was assigned because things can be non-binary.
please comment down below your favourite line!
mine is calling the moon a thief of light and playing with shared custody concept with times of day!
FDD: FIFTEEN DAY DIARY
with everyone making it a huge deal of having being already in the 8th month of 2026, which only started a few months ago- i cant not make it one.
well i can actually not make it one.
time is an illusion, its the relative you hate but is a very straightforward aunt that speaks facts and not emotions. a little emotional intelligence and sensitivity wouldnt hurt, i say.
the last fifteen days have been very auto-pilot coded. im trying to stay consistent with some thing but i keep lapsing into my old habits.
indian politics is really ragebaiting me and depressing me. theres nothing truky funny on the internet anymore, everything is an ad or a sponsor.
sigh
hope your august is better than mine and the trees that shed. may you keep your hair to yourself.
i love you,
bye <3333
Comments
Post a Comment