land to land

3-3-24

I should be studying now.

 

Trail of thoughts- 28

 When I first bought a size 32 jeans, I was surprised. I was scared too. Why do I need a bigger pant? So I’m not just fat, I’m getting fatter now?

 

I hated the feeling. It lasted a while. When I wore them for the first time, the stormy tornado in my chest calmed down and a summer breeze hit my heart. It felt like a long drive down the bridge with the beautiful clear river on either side.

 

As I was processing it, my mind so confused, a smile was born on my face. My hands in the air, my hair in the breeze, the cycle floating down the bridge, it felt like a revolution.

 

The land I was leaving was so dark and thorny; it was full of fluffy colours but very so aching. I was almost always breathless and fearful of what might happen. The unpredictability ate up my mind and my mouth toothless.

 

The land I was so happily leaving,

The land I no longer belong to,

The land I no longer fit into,

It’s the very land that loved me once;

It’s the very land, I once loved too.

 

Now I no longer stay there, my ride is here and I leave. But it’s hard; even though I couldn’t stay there anymore, it was once my home. Once a home, may not always be a home to me, but would always be a loving place I want to remember. So, as I was leaving, I hurriedly packed some flowers in my pockets and with flowers, I carry the thorns. What’s a human without pain?

What’s a human without memories?

I’m a human.

We are all humans,

After all.

 

I reached the other side of the bridge, the not so long ride ended here. i am picking up flowers and stuffing them on top of my thorns. The fluffy softness is healing my scarred heart.

 

I can now breathe,

I can now be at peace.



[This is about me getting a bigger pair of jeans and loving it. I donated my previous pairs, dw <3]






This was me after watching ted-ed’s ‘How to write descriptively - Nalo Hopkinson'


i hope you love this piece as much as i loved writing it!! my friend almost cried when i showed her this. that made me so happy, happy that my writing can make someone cry 😭🥺

love you so much for reading this till the end!!

yours lovingly,
Rini.



TDD: ten day diary
hiiii my loviessss (hahahaha)
i feel like im on a self help journey, im trying to change to be a better person. so strange yet awesome till now. sooo how are youuuuuu? i hope your march is treating you well!
i dont have much to say lol, imma yeet

byee!!!! i love you <33



Comments

  1. I felt every sentence, amazing work as always 🥹🩷
    And condolences to the friend who almost cried

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment