Garden of love

  

Would be nice to read with “Birds of a feather” by Billie Eilish.

 

 

Just when my flowers bloomed

You decide to question my growth,

Leading to my eternal doom

Break my hope and heart both.

 

Right person wrong time.

Never hated the fine line

Between stranger and lover,

Anymore than I do now.

 

What if I assure of my love?

Would you be willing to love

My flowers and their bloom,

Without letting them doom?

 

Would loving you be a regret?

I would rather be your friend.

But I guess we will forget

If we let go of our safety net.

 

But my heart wouldn’t listen to my brain,

When it says let him go.

My heart would rather wait in the rain,

Than leave my flowers wither in vain.

 

Sunshine and water,

I need for my flowers

To grow and bloom

Over the fence of our home.

 

But all I see

Is grass not green,

But sky so dark

Glooming with clouds.

 

The garden of love

Is now watered with my tears

Tears of love,

Now leaving my heart.

 

The black stormy clouds

Surrounding my house,

Destroying every brick

I built with hope in it.

 

The barren land

Returned yet again,

Garden of love

Remains unrequited.

 

I never hoped for this

Now I blame you for everything

For planting the flowers

In my barren garden of love.

 

 

 

xoxo

Comments

Post a Comment