broken clock

 

I think we all want to be a broken clock some time.

Let me explain.

 

Trail Of Thoughts - 18



Today I woke up and noticed that one of our wall clocks was not working. And I thought, “huh, to stop in time, must be a fantasy”. And my second thoughts were “I should get some batteries!”

 

The point is I wanted to be like a broken clock and stop in time. You know, have a break because all my batteries dried up.

 

The clock that was ahead of everyone for 10 minutes is now behind everyone and everything for 10 hours. And I liked that, and wished for it. I wanted to be behind everyone, take a long break and resume like nothing even happened. Resume, in the sense of picking up where i left off at that very moment and not days after.

 

I may have identified myself with the clock broken clock and wished to be on hold while I get a battery change. But until then, I’m defying all the laws of time and science. It’s not an escape of any sorts. Just a tiny little break.

 

This reminds me of a reel I watched on instagram that goes, “I want a power cut. For two days. Two days of the world cut off from itself. Two days when no one else does any work. Two days of night. I want a tiny end of the world before its usual business to restart.”

 

I loved the video so much. The page is: @stvksn

 

Escapism deals with leaving the part of world/life and having a separate world/life for a while. But a break, it’s like staying on hold in that same swamp of world/life. Just quietly recharging. Just like a recess before the class starts.

 

Wanting to escape and wanting to take a break, in my mind, are two different things.

In my opinion, escapism is when you hate your current world/ life. Taking a break is like pausing your world/life.

 

I want a pause button, and I want everyone to have one. Just not doing anything for a while. Everyone.

 

I don’t hate what I’m doing, the situation I’m in or the days I live. I just need a small relief. A moment where I can breathe some fresh air and if possible some hope through both my nostrils, and straight to my brain telling me it’s gonna be ok.

 

Escaping is like, leaving the swamp, going to the park and then coming back again to the swamp. The feeling remains same, alas it may grow worse because of your previous time among the flowers, on the green grass. Taking a break is like staying in the swamp and not forcing ourselves to do something. And in that time, maybe doing something you love, something you really want to. Like writing. Sunday is my break. Though I ‘waste’ the whole day, I feel like I took a breather. I know I’m ok. Definitely not going insane (not sure). Definitely, sure I’d be ok.

 

So, I may have either completely confused you or gave you something to think about beside your overwhelming bundle of assignments <3

 

Whatever may, I want to ask you a question.

 

What is your break? And what is your escape?

 

 

~The End~

 

 

i loved writing this. just putting my thoughts on here and hoping someone would relate to it. thats my hobby.

 

anyways, have a lovelyyy week. its june!!

 

lovingly,

Rini.

 

 

TDD- hiiii!!

so i want to tell you a funny incident that happened to me last week. so one fine afternoon, my friend and i went to washroom to cleanse our fluids. i went forward and noticed that the door to the bathroom was closed, which was unlikely. its usually open revealing 3 more separate individuals ones inside. so i did what any rational human would do. knocked on the door and said, "excuse me". my friend then immediately grabbed me and pulled me back in almost a panicked manner. i was shook, naturally. she looked so scared. she then raised her arm, shaking, pointing towards the plate above the door. i was stunned, pale. "boys washroom", it read.

 

end of story, we laughed about it the whole day but the possibility of someone opening the door at the exact same time i knocked still haunts me to this day.

 

moral of the story, ALWAYS READ BEFORE YOU ENTER.

 

okie bai <33

 

i love you,

me.

Comments