tick tock

 no its not about tiktok.


I feel like I’m living every second.

Tick tock tick tock tick tock

I used to live in minutes and now it feels right when I say

"I've been waiting for 30 seconds!!"

It’s like I can feel the time pass by and not run by.

 

I can hear the leaves rustling

In the breeze

I can see the ants

Walking in a band

 

I can count

The number of times

The curtain hit the window

 

I can count the hair on the sheep

While I count the sheep

 

I can see the pores on your skin

While you walk past me

 

I can see your eyes move

While you are in deep sleep

 

I can see your brain churning

While you're on a whim

 

I can hear the fan

In slow-motion

 

It’s almost uncanny

How everything goes so slow

Yet I always run out of time

When I’m with you.

 

I can feel myself blinking

Breathing

Swallowing

Moving

Sweating

Tapping

Burning calories

 

The seconds I second

Or the seconds I dissent

The seconds in my head

The second I overheard

The second I slept in

The second I fell

The second I came

The second I saw

The second I knew

The second I thought

 

It’s all over.

 

But I

 

I still feel the second pass

I still feel the time float by

Time flies? No, time slowly floats!

Time runs? No, time is on an early walk!

Time slips? No, time just grows and goes

 

Every minute counts?

I’d say every second is bound

By your thoughts

As actions require way more time

 

Oh all I want to say that

I can feel the time pass by

Slowly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

oh its 420 already? fuk it im late

 

~The End~


ya i got late that lmao

   

The ending brings a touch of humour and relatability, where the realization of the actual time contrasts with the prolonged moments i've been describing, creating a moment of light-heartedness amidst the reflective narrative. Overall, the piece effectively conveys the feeling of time passing slowly and the heightened perception of life's nuances, all wrapped in a thoughtful and engaging narrative.


Comments

  1. Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock..... I think something is wrong with my clock...... 24 hours feel like seven days....... But i still live in ways that makes me late....... 🙂

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment